01. Verbos Modais da Língua Inglesa: (Milton Campos-MG) Identify one of the following ideas in the sentence: It should be very strict.
A) Capacity D) Permission
B) Advice E) Conclusion
02. (Cesgranrio) In one of the following sentences we cannot use the verb can because of the meaning. Mark it.
A) Those boys __________________ swim well.
B) Yes, I _______________ see them from here.
C) He has just bought a big new car, he ____________ certainly be earning a lot of money.
D) They say this herb ___________________ cure several diseases.
E) Now, after your clear explanation, I ____________ understand your point.
03. (Cesgranrio) Which is the idea expressed by may in “Caffeine may be regarded as a mildly addictive drug”?
A) Ability D) Necessity
B) Advice E) Possibility
04. (PUC-Campinas-SP) You ought ___________ a holiday.
A) take D) to take
B) took E) taken
05. Verbos Modais da Língua Inglesa:
A) mustn’t D) haven’t
B) may not E) don’t need
C) had better
06. Verbos Modais da Língua Inglesa: (ESPM-SP) Alfredo’s score on the test is the highest in the class; he _______________________.
A) should study last night.
B) should have studied last night.
C) must have studied last night.
D) needn’t have studied last night.
E) used to study at nights.
07. (PUCPR) My vacation is over. I ________ get back to work immediately, otherwise I’ll lose my job.
A) may D) might
B) should E) must
08. (Milton Campos-MG) Guerrilla groups in Colombia mustn’t stimulate ecological destruction. In this sentence, the underlined word entails an idea of:
A) advice. D) permission.
B) ability. E) absence of necessity.
09. (PUC Minas) He ______ speak Italian when he was ten years old.
A) may D) could
B) might E) should
10. Verbos Modais da Língua Inglesa: (CESCEA-SP) I’d rather stay at home, because it _________ rain today.
A) needs not D) mustn’t
B) have to E) must to
Gabarito com as respostas do simulado sobre Verbos Modais da Língua Inglesa:
01. B; 02. C; 03. E; 04. D; 05. A; 06. C; 07. E; 08. C; 09. D; 10. C